Solo & Ensemble Contest Central
North Olmsted Band & Orchestra students in grades 6-12 annually participate in the Greater Cleveland Solo & Ensemble Contests, boasting very high levels of participation in these events at both the Middle School and High School levels.
Note: The following links are currently inactive.
- Solo Application Form (High School)
- Ensemble Application Form (High School)
- Greater Cleveland Solo & Ensemble Contest Rules and Regulations
Important Information for Our Student Participants:
- Application Forms are available and must be completed by the participant prior to the application deadline. For ensembles, please complete the application only once for the entire group.
- Registration Fees: All participants must pay their registration fees IN FULL by the application deadline. Applications will NOT be accepted for soloists or ensembles that have not complied with this request. Payments must be submitted in a clearly marked envelope, and can be made in the form of cash or check (made payable to NOBOB). The fee for solos is $9, and ensemble events cost $5 per participant (max. $40). For ensembles, please collect all payments for each member and place them in a single envelope.
- Piano Accompanists: All soloists performing a piece with piano accompaniment are required to perform with an accompanist. It is the responsibility of the student to contact and hire this accompanist, set up rehearsal times, and pay for the accompanist’s services. Names and phone numbers of qualified accompanists are available from your director
- Award Medals: The North Olmsted Band & Orchestra Boosters (NOBOB) will purchase an award medal for any students earning the rating of I (Superior) or II (Excellent) in their events.