NOBOB does fundraising to support the wide array of activities and programs we are involved with. Most of our fundraisers are of limited duration, such as candy sales, restaurant one-day events, etc. We do have a couple of ongoing fundraisers that you can participate in all year long as part of your normal shopping,
- AmazonSmile program. This is a simple and automatic way for you to support NOBOB every time you shop, at no cost to you. Read more.
FAQs About Fundraising
The primary purpose of North Olmsted Band and Orchestra Boosters (NOBOB) is to raise funds to support the student musicians who participate in the North Olmsted Schools Music Programs, including the music programs at the High School, Middle School, Chestnut, Maple and Pine Schools. This page answers some frequently asked questions regarding NOBOB’s fundraising efforts. Have a question not addressed here? Contact any officer of NOBOB for clarification.
Are there different fundraising accounts?
All of our fundraisers support our General Fund.
Are there Student Accounts with individual balances?
No. We do not have individual student accounts.
What do the “General” funds cover?
The General Fund covers the cost that would otherwise be passed along to the Parents/Guardians of the musicians. Some of these things are:
- Marching Band Uniforms and Raincoats; Concert Band and Orchestra Tuxedos
- Band Camp Activities
- Feeding the Students at All City Band and Orchestra, Columbus Day Parade, Band Camp, etc.
- Student Awards, Pins, Braids, and Plaques
- Band Banquet and Spring Recognition
- Marching Band Assistants
- Director’s Funds for Intermediate, Middle and High School
- A Portion of the Eaglets’ Uniforms
- Dry Cleaning over and above Fees Paid by Students
- Summer Picnics
- Musicians/Clinicians that work with the Students
- Scholarships given to Graduating Seniors
- Costs Associated with the Spring Musical
- Senior Banners and Senior Recognition Photos
- Third Quarter Treats for both our Band Members and the Visiting Team’s Members
- Hosting and licensing costs for the NOBOB Website and Charms System
- Equipment not Covered by the School District to Aid the Program
It also covers the cost for one-time items. For example, in Spring 2015, NOBOB purchased the new raincoats for the Band. The cost for the raincoats was over $10,000. We are also annually setting aside money to purchase new Band uniforms.
Does NOBOB provide financial aid to families for trips?
No child should be denied a chance to participate in Band/Orchestra because of money. Some of the expenses associated with Marching Band/Orchestra are optional. The Spring Trip, for example, while highly encouraged, is not a mandatory event.
For families that have multiple children in the program, NOBOB pays half the cost of one sibling for the trip. The families are required to pay initial costs and deposits.
In other instances, families may request some financial assistance to aid paying for a “music” trip. Financial assistance is available for only one trip during a student’s participation in the Band/Orchestra while at NOHS. For example, if a student was provided assistance for the 2014 New York trip, they would not be eligible for assistance for the 2016 Disney trip.
The other requirements for financial assistance include:
- Band/Orchestra fees must be paid or arrangements for payment must be made prior to receiving any financial assistance
- Membership in NOBOB
- Volunteering at NOBOB sponsored activities. There are many opportunities to volunteer for a variety of skills and time schedules. Notification of volunteer opportunities are made via email and sign-ups are done through SignUpGenius. If you are not getting these notifications, please provide your email address to the NOBOB President.
How else can we support NOBOB?
NOBOB is a 501(c)(3) organization. Check with your employer to see whether it does matching donations. If so, any donations, including dues, would be eligible for matching funds.
Anyone can donate to NOBOB easily and conveniently on our website shopping page.
If you shop on Amazon, NOBOB is part of “Amazon Smile” (smile.amazon.com search for “North Olmsted Band and Orchestra Boosters). AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to NOBOB for your eligible purchases.