For the 2019/2020 school year, we will need to replace several NOBOB Board positions. Wanda Groden has agreed to step into the President’s position. However, we will need to replace the Vice President, Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer. If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Wanda Groden. She can be reached via our contact page (be sure to select Wanda from the dropdown list).
The following describes the open positions:
The vice-president shall have the following responsibilities:
- Shall act as an aide to the president.
- Shall, at the request of the president, or in the event of his or her absence, perform the duties and possess and exercise the powers of the president.
- Shall act as parliamentarian and maintain a current copy of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised.
- Shall be a member of the annual audit committee and nominating committee.
The treasurer shall have the following responsibilities:
- Shall have the custody of all funds, property, and securities of the corporation, subject to such regulations as may be imposed by the board of directors.
- Shall be responsible for the prompt collection of any funds raised through any fundraising efforts.
- Shall be bonded at the corporation’s expense.
- When necessary or proper, shall endorse, on behalf of the corporation for collection, checks, notes and other obligations, and shall deposit the same to the credit of the corporation at such bank or banks as the board of directors may designate.
- Shall sign all receipts, vouchers and checks of the corporation and all bills of exchange and promissory notes issued by the corporation, except in cases where the signing and execution shall be expressly designated by the board of directors or by these Code of Regulations by some other executive officer or agent of the corporation.
- Shall make such payments as may be necessary or proper to be made on behalf of the corporation in accordance with the budget adopted by the board of directors.
- Shall keep a full and accurate account of receipts and expenditures of the corporation, present a financial statement at every meeting of the corporation, and make a full end-of-year report at the annual meeting.
- Shall have the accounts examined annually, or upon change of executive officers, by an auditor or an audit committee consisting of at least three unrelated members of the corporation, which audit committee must include the vice president.
- Shall maintain all reports and documentation for a minimum of five years.
- May sign with the president or vice-president, in the name and on behalf of the corporation, any contracts or agreements authorized by the board of directors.
The assistant treasurer shall have the following responsibilities:
- Shall act as an aide to the treasurer.
- Shall, at the request of the treasurer, or in the event of his or her absence, perform the duties and possess and exercise the powers of the treasurer.
- Shall, at the request of the treasurer, or in the event of his or her absence, be responsible for prompt collection of any funds raised through any fundraising efforts.
- Shall participate with the Treasurer in preparing the accounts and working with the audit committee during the annual audit.
- Shall complete a monthly review of the Bank statements and receipts as provided by the Treasurer.
- Shall keep an updated membership list and provide such list to the Executive Committee and the school representatives for inclusion in the music programs.
If you are interested in being an Officer, there are a couple of things to keep in mind: a) you must be a member of NOBOB; b) there are eight monthly meetings (August, September, October, November, February, March, April and May); c) there are two required Board meetings per year; d) each of these open positions have a two year term limit.
While not necessary, each board position does have some unwritten responsibilities. NOBOB relies heavily on volunteers and all of the current board members have put a “face” to being an active NOBOB volunteer.
Again, if you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Wanda Groden.
She can be reached via our contact page (be sure to select Wanda from the dropdown list).
Mary Lynn Jackowicz
on behalf of
North Olmsted Band & Orchestra Boosters